Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Here's wishing my few readers a happy New Year in 2008. If you already play the 'ukulele, continue to practice and buy ukes! If you have not started playing the 'ukulele, why not start this year? It's great fun!

Here's my 'ukulele related New Year resolution:

1. Continue to practice everyday and get smoother playing songs I have learned.
2. Learn at least 10 new songs, probably all from Dominator's site.
3. Finish the "Fretboard Roadmaps" book. I got to chapter 8 and haven't gone past it for a very long time. Gotta finish the rest of the book!
4. Attend one 'ukulele festival. This could be tricky thanks to family obligations, but I'll give it a try.
5. Keep my 'ukulele collection under, oh 12 ukes or so. OK, I'll work hard to keep it under 10 and try to sell off any uke that I don't play very often.

That's all I could think of for now. Hopefully I can do all of these for 2008.

No comments:

Which uke should I bring on my next trip to Oahu???

What's the maximum you'd spend on a ukulele case for your best uke?

If you could steal one of my ukes, which one would it be???

How curly do you like your koa? (preferably on a uke)

What's the maximum number of ukes a perfectly sane person should have???

Poll: How often do you play the ukulele???

Poll: Which guitar company's approach to ukes do you prefer???

Poll: What's your favorite type of headstock???

Poll: The new basic Collings concert uke (UC-1) sells for about $1k, your reaction is: