Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jake Shimabukuro in Minneapolis!

Woohoo! I just found out today that Jake is going to play at the Dakota Jazz Club & Restaurant in Minneaplis on April 27th! I found out about him shortly after taking up the ukulele 15 months ago and if you saw any of the videos I posted on Youtube, you know I'm a Jake Shimabukuro nut. So once I found out that he's actually going to be here on 4/27, I immediately went over to the website and booked a couple of tickets. I really thought Jake would never appear in Minnesota so I always figured that if I was ever going to attend one of his shows it would have to be at Chicago or some other city outside Minnesota. Needless to say I'm really excited to finally see him perform live in a few days! I don't even know what kind of seats I bought but it'll be cool. I hope he will have some time to sign my cigar box ukulele.

If you're from the Twin Cities and want to attend, I think there are still tickets left for the 9:30PM show. Don't miss it!

No comments:

Which uke should I bring on my next trip to Oahu???

What's the maximum you'd spend on a ukulele case for your best uke?

If you could steal one of my ukes, which one would it be???

How curly do you like your koa? (preferably on a uke)

What's the maximum number of ukes a perfectly sane person should have???

Poll: How often do you play the ukulele???

Poll: Which guitar company's approach to ukes do you prefer???

Poll: What's your favorite type of headstock???

Poll: The new basic Collings concert uke (UC-1) sells for about $1k, your reaction is: