Monday, April 13, 2009

Ooh, Collings ukulele

While checking out Gryphon Strings website to see if they've got anything new, I noticed that they had a Collings ukulele up for sale. I was quite surprised by the advertised price of $1,040. It seemed downright reasonable compared to what I thought it would be and how much other Collings instruments sell for ($10,000+ for a mandolin? Yar!) Don't get me wrong, $1k is not chump change by any means, but when MGM scored the first two Collings ukes from the NAMM show, he made it sound like they are like $3-5k (at least that's what I thought). Comparatively speaking, $1k isn't that bad for these babies. Hmmm........

1 comment:

Nick Kemp said...

I bought one in NY last week and IMO these are excellent instruments which is no surprise coming from this company!

Nick Kemp
www.nickkemp
UK

Which uke should I bring on my next trip to Oahu???

What's the maximum you'd spend on a ukulele case for your best uke?

If you could steal one of my ukes, which one would it be???

How curly do you like your koa? (preferably on a uke)

What's the maximum number of ukes a perfectly sane person should have???

Poll: How often do you play the ukulele???

Poll: Which guitar company's approach to ukes do you prefer???

Poll: What's your favorite type of headstock???

Poll: The new basic Collings concert uke (UC-1) sells for about $1k, your reaction is: